Saturday 17 December 2011

Surprise at KPS last evening!

It was the end-of-season fun night at Kingswood P.S last evening, and you can perhaps imagine my surprise when during the refreshment time, the lights went out and in came Vanessa Herring carrying a cake with one candle on it - and the cake was shaped like a Canon Camera!  Everyone sang the obligatory "Happy Birthday"   Then further surprise when I was presented with a card signed by all the members - and yet another presentation of a framed picture from the Society for my "Stairs Gallery" - this being "Dancing Clippers" by Barry Senior Hon.FRPS.        Although not my birthday for another week, I was rather overwhelmed by all this, but obviously very honoured and grateful for such kindness by my good friends and fellow society members.  Two pictures by Geoff Cole - and I'll post the cake picture later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment