Wednesday 20 October 2010

Visit to Butterfly House

Yesterday I went with a friend to the Butterfly House at Congresbury and had an enjoyable few hours chasing butterflies!
Unfortunately, I don't have a macro lens, so I shot these pictures with the Canon 18-55 and none of them as critically sharp. However, it was a fun afternoon, and here are a few of the resulting pictures




Owl Butterfly from Costa Rica


Postman Butterfly from Ecuador


I can't identify this one!

Glasswing Butterfly from Central & South America

2 comments:

  1. Some lovely images, John. I didn't have such success when I visited the local butterfly farm - and the lens got very misted - inside and out! They look pretty sharp to me - but then I'm not at such a high standard as you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, I would be pleased with the images, I know how difficult it is to take them especially with the camera misting up.
    One little point, your images took a very long time to appear, are you putting them on your blog at too high a resolution?

    ReplyDelete